The Resources Development Department is considered as the main vein for feeding the charity works carried out by the Society, through maintaining and developing the partnership in social responsibility with individuals, institutions and companies.
Companies and institutions nowadays play an important role in providing support to humanitarian & community issues, reflected in the integration of social responsibility into their corporate strategy, or the adoption of ways and means for charitable work in order to highlight their role in human and community development. Companies today also strive to contribute towards the spread of such values in the community as well as align them with their values and ethos.
The Red Crescent Society represents a strategic option for companies seeking to boost their role in social responsibility and link their name with the highest standards of humanitarian and moral commitment. The Red Crescent has earned its credibility and trust as a result of its unwavering commitment to its humanitarian principles and its mission “to preserve and protect human dignity through capacity-building, humanitarian and voluntary work, and the strengthening of the role of partnerships in the provision of outstanding humanitarian services.” Kuwait Red Crescent Society is the link that connects humanitarian action with its believers through providing assistance and aid to the most vulnerable, whether such vulnerability is caused by social status or wars or natural disasters, without discriminating on the basis of religion, doctrine, gender or color, and heedless to political or intellectual beliefs.
Social responsibility partnership options:
Adopt a humanitarian case:
- Deducting a percentage of sales in favor of a humanitarian case.
- Involving staff and gathering them around a common case.
- Customers’ participation in supporting the humanitarian issues by connecting the donation page of the Red Crescent Society to the company’s website.
- Advertising campaign for one of the humanitarian issues through (television ad / or in public roads).
Humanitarian cases in need of corporate funding:
- Health and Medicine: Customizing your generous donation to pay partial school fees for the most vulnerable children in Kuwait.
- Food security: We provide the most vulnerable families with food security through the provision of food coupons to buy basic foodstuff, as well as direct food donations.
- Syria: Syria’s neighbouring countries have seen a dramatic increase in refugee numbers. We work with refugees in Jordan and Lebanon providing healthcare, food and water.
- Yemen: Kuwait Red Crescent provides food and medicine to the most affected and vulnerable in the ongoing violence in Yemen.
- Africa: We work in Somalia, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Djibouti and other Eastern African countries to provide access to water healthcare and food security.
- Iraq: We seek to provide assistance as (food – cloths – education – health – repairing houses), according to the vulnerable families’ needs.
- General relief: Unrestricted funds allow us to allocate our resources most efficiently and where the needs and greatest your help will make a real difference to people’s lives around the world in times of crisis.
|Humanitarian Partnership Categories||Amount Eligible|
|Humanitarian partner – Diamond||KD 40,000 to KD 60,000|
|Humanitarian partner – Platinum||KD 30,000 to KD 40,000|
|Humanitarian partner – Gold||KD 20,000 to KD 30,000|
|Humanitarian partner – Silver||KD 10,000 to KD 20,000|
|Humanitarian partner – Bronze||KD 5,000 to KD 10,000|
|Friends of humanity – for individuals||KD 1,000 to KD 5,000|